What is Drag Resistance Training?
Both Aqualogix and Aquastrength patented equipment capitalize on what we call “the principal of fluid omni-directional drag resistance” in water. Quite simply this means being able to work a muscle group equally and smoothly in any direction. In fluid dynamics, drag, which is sometimes called fluid resistance, refers to forces that act on a solid object in the direction of the relative fluid flow velocity.
Drag resistance equipment from Aqualogix and Aquastrength can be effectively used for all types of training:
- Cardio: High intensity training with fast movements
- Strength: Improve strength and muscle balance, work muscles in both directions without putting unnecessary stress on your joints
- Rehabilitation: Low impact training that allows you to easily target specific muscle groups
- General Well-Being: Simple Movements such as walking and running
- Sports Specific Training: Focus on developing strength and power while simulating sports specific movements such as a tennis swing or boxing
Drag resistance training is suitable for all ages and fitness levels. The entire range of internationally patented Aqualogix and Aquastrength equipment has been designed to leverage the 3D properties of water. The more effort a person applies during their workout, the more resistance the water will provide, meaning the user is control and can customize the level at which they workout. The exact same set of equipment can be used by an elite level athlete or senior citizen.
Drag resistance training is also perfect for all types of pools, whether it is an Olympic sized pool or small swim spa. It is also ideal for performing both deep and shallow water workouts. To browse our full range of drag resistance equipment, click here.